NSTA "Microworlds" Workshops at the Fall 2008 Regionals
Windows to the Universe staff presented a workshop titled "Microworlds! Online Tools Exploring Earth's Atmosphere, Water Cycle, and Greenhouse Gases" at two of the NSTA fall 2008 regional conventions. The workshop was first presented at the Portland Regional on November 22nd; it was conducted a second time at the Cincinnati Regional on December 4th. The links below lead to online copies of the printed and electronic materials used in the workshops and to other related background information on the Windows to the Universe web site.
Clouds in Art
- Educator's Guide - "Combining Clouds and Art in the Classroom"
- Main "Clouds in Art" page
- Clouds in Art interactive
- Clouds in Art Gallery
- Clouds Image Gallery
- Main "Clouds" page
Carbon Cycle Game
- Play the Carbon Cycle Game
- Educator's Guide - "Using the Carbon Cycle Interactive Game in the Classroom"
- More background information about the Carbon Cycle
Exploring the Atmosphere with Virtual Balloon Flights
The Very, Very Simple Climate Model
- try out the Very, Very Simple Climate Model
- Educator's Guide - "Using the Very, Very Simple Climate Model in the Classroom"
- Notes about the Very, Very Simple Climate Model
- background info: What Is a Climate Model?
- background info: How Climate Models Work
- background info: Accuracy and Uncertainty in Climate Models
- background info: Climate and Global Change
- background info: The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC)
- Background info from our "Climate Discovery" online course sequence (more in-depth, but may be harder to follow outside of the context of the course):