Tackling the Global Warming Challenge in a Rapidly Changing World
How is Earth changing as climate warms? Can we slow or stop climate change? The effects of global warming are generating many questions among students. In the workshop "Tackling the Global Warming Challenge in a Rapidly Changing World" we explored classroom activities that allow students to explore the impact they make on the planet and which changes can help keep Earth a livable place. These topics will be approached from a STEM perspective, helping students be objective scientists as they consider solutions to climate change while fostering a “We can do it!” attitude in the classroom.
On this page you will find links to educational resources associated with this workshop.
- Energy Choices and Climate Change, an online module (coming soon!)
- Plugged in to CO2
- CO2 How Much Do You Spew?
- Watch Where You Step, an activity from Facing the Future
- Carbon Dioxide Sources and Sinks
- Climate Classroom Activities from Windows to the Universe
- Facing the Future, sustainability education with a positive, solutions-oriented perspective
- Climate and Global Change, educational content from Windows to the Universe
- Climate Discovery, online course series for secondary science teacher professional development
- National Center for Atmospheric Research