Careers & Weather Worksheet
From the following list, circle a job that sounds interesting to you. Then answer the questions in part I and part II of this worksheet.
Choose one career/job:
Race Car Driver
Part IPretend you work in the career you chose. Answer the following questions relating to your job:
1. What is the weather like for you today?
2. What special clothes will you wear today?
3. Will it be a nice day to work in your profession?
4. Will the weather help you do your job or will it make it harder?
5. What's the best kind of weather for the job you picked?
On a this sheet of paper (or on the back of this sheet), write a creative story that involves weather (good or bad) and the career you chose.
Last modified April 21, 2001 by the Windows Team
The source of this material is Windows to the Universe, at http://windows2universe.org/ from the National Earth Science Teachers Association (NESTA). The Website was developed in part with the support of UCAR and NCAR, where it resided from 2000 - 2010. © 2010 National Earth Science Teachers Association. Windows to the Universe® is a registered trademark of NESTA. All Rights Reserved. Site policies and disclaimer.