Share-a-thon at the 2008 NSTA National Conference in Boston
Windows to the Universe staff presented resources at the "National Earth Science Teachers Association Space Science Share-a-Thon" at the NSTA National Conference in Boston, Massachusetts, from 12:30 to 1:30 PM on Friday, March 28, 2008. We demonstrated two activities related to magnetism, "Terrabagga" and "The Magnetometer" at the share-a-thon, which was held in Grand Ballroom B of The Westin Boston Waterfront.
This page page provides links to write-ups of those two activities (in English and Spanish), to other related activities, and to content pages on the Windows to the Universe web site that are related to the activities. You may find the information on the content pages useful as a reference for yourself or for your students if you choose to use these activities.
List of Hands-on Activities
- Magnetometer (in Spanish)
- Terrabagga (in Spanish)
- Magnetometer Extensions - Prospecting for Iron Ore & Seafloor Spreading (in Spanish)
Related content pages on Windows to the Universe
- Detecting Planetary Magnetism
- Planetary Magnets
- Planetary Magnetospheres
- Mars Global Surveyor Magnetometer findings
- Earth's Magnetic Field
- Bar Magnet & Compass interactive (Flash)
- Bar Magnet, Compass, and Magnetic Field Lines Interactive (Java)