Visit the tour - Looking at the World in a Different Light.
You'll need to use the football to help guide you through this tour. F=forward, B=back. You have to page through this tour one page at a time!
1. THE FLOATING MAN: What are the hottest parts of the man's body? A) Head and Shoulders B) Knees and Toes C) Hands and Feet D) Head and Hands
2. TEAKETTLE: If red represents the hottest part of the teakettle, where is the greatest amount of heat accumulated in the enlarged diagram?
A) Top B) Bottom C) Right Side D) Left Side
3. THE BEE: What color does the yellow FLOWER appear under UV light?
A) Red B) Blue C) Yellow D) Violet
4. THE ATOM: From the evidence provided, what element is being illustrated?
A) Calcium B) Hydrogen C) Xenon D) Carbon
5. THE ATOM: What atomic particle is the primary cause of radiant energy release within the atom?
A) Electron B) Proton C) Neutron D) Nucleus
6. SPECTRUM: The most familiar form of radiant energy is (are):
A) Ultraviolet B) Infrared C) X-Rays D) Visible Light
7. THE EYE: What component within the eye allows us to distinguish between colors?
A) Rods B) Cones C) Retina D) Optic nerve
8. SPECTRUM: Our eyes are most sensitive to light in the ? part of the spectrum.
A) Orange-Yellow B) Yellow-Green C) Green-Blue D) Blue- Violet
9. THE SUN'S RADIATION: The Y-axis of this graph is wavelength measured in:
A) Angstroms B) Inches C) Yards D) Kilometers
10. RADIANT ENERGY: Radiant energy can be identified by its frequency, wavelength, and the energy it carries. Which form of radiant energy has the highest frequency?
A) Television Waves B) Gamma Rays C) Infrared Waves D) Radiowaves
11. RADIANT ENERGY: Microwaves come from very ? objects.
A) Warm B) Cold C) Hot D) Cool
12. RADIANT ENERGY: What type of light do solar flares emit?
A) Gamma B) Ultraviolet C) Infrared D) Visible
13. OBJECTS ON EARTH--PEOPLE'S VIEWS: Which one of these is not a way that people try to control how warm or cool the are?
A) They live in houses rather than outside B) They heat or cool those houses C) They wear clothing D) They exercise frequently
14. OBJECTS ON EARTH: What part of the human body appears to release the most infrared
(IR)? A) Skin B) Hair C) Legs D) Hands
Last modified prior to September, 2000 by the Windows Team
The source of this material is Windows to the Universe, at http://windows2universe.org/ from the National Earth Science Teachers Association (NESTA). The Website was developed in part with the support of UCAR and NCAR, where it resided from 2000 - 2010. © 2010 National Earth Science Teachers Association. Windows to the Universe® is a registered trademark of NESTA. All Rights Reserved. Site policies and disclaimer.