Windows to the Universe Founding Partnerships for Education and Outreach
Windows to the Universe Founding Partners are organizations with a mission and goals that are well-aligned with that of NESTA, and that seeks to have a major positive impact in improving Earth and space science education and public science literacy. Current Founding Partners include the American Geological Institute and the American Geophysical Union.
Founding Partnership includes:
- A seat on Windows to the Universe Advisory Board, providing the opportunity to help guide decision-making on the project.
- Ability to promote multiple programs at the Institution
- Support for education and outreach through Windows to the Universe and NESTA tailored to the need and interests of the Founding Partner Institution. Options include, but are not limited to:
- Training and continuing support of Founding Partner staff to use the website and its newsletter to promote their programs and resources
- Direct support by NESTA staff for promotion of Founding Partner resources and programs through Windows to the Universe
- Sale of Founding Partner educational resources through the Windows to the Universe online store at a reduced commission
- Participation in Windows to the Universe Professional Development workshops, including the opportunity to integrate Founding Partner resources into these workshops, and partial travel support.
Fees for Founding Partnership are $50,000 for the first year and $10,000 per year thereafter.
Founding Partnerships are very limited in number. Organizations interested in becoming founding partners should contact Dr. Roberta Johnson, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone at 303-929-1606 to discuss the Founding Partnership opportunity and their interests in greater detail.